Sunday, September 28, 2008

What's in a name?...

...That which we call a rose,
By any other word would smell as sweet.

Juliet, Act II, scene ii


Well that is right, we do not have an official name for our new boy coming oh so soon!

Here is our dilemma... Cameron and I had a named picked out since before we were even married for a boy. However, 5 years go by and we only had girls. Finally, we are going to have a boy (hooray), and Cameron gets to name him. However, he now feels the pressure and has doubts on his original name choice. Being that everyone wants to give their opinions wanted or not I thought I would give everyone a chance to say what they like the best. Maybe this will help us, or just confuse us even more. I will tell you the names and then the reasons behind them.

1) Jericho Joshua Coon

2) Jericho Joshua Cameron Coon

3) Abraham Cameron Coon

4) Elway Cameron Coon

5) Forest Cameron Coon

6) Ra C. Coon

1- Joshua fought the battle of Jericho and Cameron likes the song that goes with it. Also it is a City name (which is our family theme, Brooklyn, Avonlea).

2- City name with Cameron's name for family tradition sake.

3-Abraham Coon is one of Cameron's great grandfathers who helped found/build a city in Utah

4- Elway, Cameron's favorite quarterback.

5- Forest, something fun just to throw out there.

6- Sound it out loud and see what it says.

Now please cast your vote in the comments and I will tell you the winner is by vote and the real winner will find out some time in December.

7 comments:

Topher Slade said...

Number One all the way!then i can call him JJ! just joking. i like jericho a lot.

Lake said...

I'm all for Abraham Cameron. Good names. Not a fan of Forest.

Jean said...

You are a brave mama casting your names to the wolves of the blog world LOL
I think it would be really sad to break the "city" tradition. I was happy to have J name our 3rd child too, and I love his name. But I will FOREVER wish that he had a bible name like the other two. I think he would have made such a darling Mark...well let's face it they are all darling what ever name we pick!
How about Jericho Cameron?
Or Jericho Abraham?
Are there any other City's that Cameron might not have thought of yet?
There are so very many many cities all over the world to chose from. :)

Emily Empey said...

i think JERICHO!! definitly! and how about jericho cameron? anyway those are all cute name! How do you pronounce Avonlea?

Heidi Noel said...

I like Jericho, but I think it should be Jericho Cameron Coon. The 4 names seems a bit excessive and i am a fan on the dad's name as a middle name. Hence my oldest. ;)

Heidi Noel said...

Andy casts his vote for number 6.

The Fernandez Family said...

I like #1 Sounds fun!!