Thursday, September 11, 2008

Big Girl Now!


After Avonlea turned two she has truly blossom! There are so many things I've noticed that she now has the courage to do.

1) She is mostly over her fear of dogs. She giggles completely while petting them and doesn't have to be held the whole time she is around them.

2) She can now play at McDonald's park with Brooklyn!! I was so amazed on how she wasn't even afraid of going in there (with out mommy). But Brooklyn is a big help that is for sure. Brooklyn didn't play in one until this year when she was almost 4. So big sister help is a must.

3) Lastly, Avonlea is doing really well with Peeing in the potty!! She is still in diapers, but pees in the potty at least once a day (while the bath water is running, right when she wakes up, between changes). She even asks to go! I am not pushing her at all, just watching for the signs of being ready. This morning for the first time she woke up with a dry diaper and then went potty right away. Also we were at the park and she peed in a public bathroom! Next month we will try pull ups/training pants and hopefully by November we can have her in big girl panties!!

We are so proud of our little two year old and I am ready for another baby because this one is all grown up (well almost)! :-)

No comments: