Sunday, September 7, 2008

1st Soccer Game


<---- Brooklyn and Little Brooklyn








So this last Wednesday was a very blistery day and it was Brooklyn's first soccer game! Not only were we in the shadows of the Mountains but it was really low temps for this time of year. So we bundled her up and set her out to play.

The other team had this amazing kid who could dribble and score! I know I couldn't believe it. But after his 3rd and 4th and 5th goal in a row I thought his coach should take him out.


It is mostly just like watching a swam of bee's moving together. Brooklyn isn't very competitive and doesn't want to take the ball away from any one (so nice of her I do have to say). So she was usually at the end of the swam of kids just running for fun.


One time they were all in the middle of the field and she knew that they were all heading for the other teams goal so she broke free from the pack and darted off so she would be first and the fastest one. But one little problem so forgot to turn around. She ran out of bounds and then turned to see that everyone was behind her (which I think she was satisfied) and waited for someone to pass her the ball.


Luckily, her coach noticed her lack of aggressiveness and had a player kick her the ball at a "corner" kick type play. So yes, she did get to touch the ball.

We need to work on her wanting to get the ball more, but I can't help to see how sweet she is on the field.



No comments: