Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Remember the Alamo
On our last Sunday there in Texas we went to San Antonio (about a 3 hour drive). We went there for 3 main reasons: see his Aunt and stay with her over night, see the Alamo, and Sea World.
It was really funny! We were imagining something completely different. We thought it would be out in the boonies and huge! Nope, it was in the smack middle of down town surrounded by hotels, stores, etc. and it was so little. I think we thought it was going to be castle size. Whenever we saw pictures of it there was never anyone in front of it, that is because it would give away the real size.
Never the less, it was amazing to be there and to have touched history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Being from Texas I remember the Alamo being a lot bigger. Then I took Andy on our honeymoon and was surprised by how small it was. on school field trips it was always mixed with something else, too, like the zoo.
Post a Comment