Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween

Our Halloween started a day early this year. We went to our ward's trunk- or- treat/potluck/carnival activity on Thursday evening. The girls had a great time there! Cameron had a blast showing them off and pretending with them. Then on Halloween they painted and carved pumpkins and trick or treated in our neighborhood and stayed in Character all night long.

Let me give a little background on their costumes... This year was our last chance to pull off the roles as "Goldie Locks and the 3 Bears". My brother did it one year with his kids and I thought it was the cutest thing ever (I have to give him credit). My girls love to read books or to be read to and so it seemed like an appropriate theme for us. From the get go I had two people who were not on board with the theme. Brooklyn wanted to be little Mermaid for Halloween this year and I couldn't talk her out of it. Until I got both costumes and told her she can where her Mermaid one whenever she wanted to, but Goldie Locks was for Halloween. She was happy and so was I. Then there was Cameron. He wanted to be something cool and home made. Not some stinking Papa Bear or store bought outfit. Well the 30th came and he had done nothing for his "cool" costume. So that day I bought a $1 ski cap, and 20 cent felt and some headbands (for myself), hot glued them together and walla instant Mama and Papa Bear. We wore just our regular clothes with extra brown in them. I didn't tell him I made him something until about 30 minutes before the party and surprisingly he put them on! I am still unsure if he liked it or wore it not to upset the pregnant lady. I would like to think he did it for the girls because they loved having a Papa Bear (especially our little baby bear). But like I said above they stayed in Character all night while they were trick or treating saying things like, "Come on baby bear." "Okay Papa Bear." "Should we get that Goldielocks?" etc. The girls loved pretending and am sure they will not soon forget how Papa Bear played with them.

*pictures soon to come*

No comments: