Friday, August 15, 2008

We love the Olympics

Brooklyn had troubles sleeping last night (mainly because she took a 2 hour nap at 4 ). So her and I were watching the Olympics together! It was so neat to listen to her responses to the events. Here are some things she said:

As a Female swimmer was standing on the podium receiving the gold Brooklyn says;
"Hey that is my song!"
Later watching them swim:
"Mom I want to swim like that when I grow up."
Gymnastics watching:
"Mom can I do that when I am older? She looks so cool!"


It is during events like these that I am so proud to be an American and am grateful for the amazing American athletes out there whom my little girl can look to and strive to be like.
I have no talents that are close to these amazing women as far as swimming and gymnastics goes, but I can't feel like a part of it all because I am an America!
GO AMERICA WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: