Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It all started 5 years ago



This was Cameron and I 5 years ago to the day! We were so happy on this day! It was the first day of our lives together and we have been so blessed every day since. To be young and in love I thought was the best thing to ever happen to me. Now I can't wait the day we are old and have our grand kids running around.
We met the summer of 2002 and I knew I loved him at first sight. The first time he saw me, he thought, "She has a nice smile." But then I stood up and he realized how short I was! He was dating some else at the time, but not for long. Most the summer went by and I admired him from a distance. Until he called me up one day and asked me out! The whole month of August we spent every day together it seems. He even drove me up to college (Rexburg). We told each other we will still be "together" but can date others. I went on a couple of dates (FHE Brothers), but none compared to my Cameron. He surprised me in October and visited me again! I went home for thanksgiving and came home empty handed. But went home for Christmas and found 10 stuff animal cows on my bed. My dad comes in and says, "If you say no, can I still keep the cows?"(making me a 10 cow wife). At this point I was confused and excited! That evening he asked me to marry him and on May 14th, 2003 is the Salt Lake City Temple, that is just what we did. The rest is history.

7 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I laughed so hard. Congratulations on 5 years! It is just the beginning.

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary!! This is a big month and a big year for lots of people!! - your 5th, Annee's 10th, and Kim N's 15th!!! How amazing!

Beautiful pictures, you two! I won't antagonize you by saying how young you look ... cuz that would be so obnoxious of me. ;-P

Jean said...

You look so young! You are still so young :) CONGRAGULATIONS!

The Sharp Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Congratulations on 5 years!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Aww, I remember your courtship so well! The 10 cow wife story was a classic. :-) You were the first of my friends to get married and I remember being so thrilled for you two! I remember being at a singles ward activity and Cameron was there while you were in Rexberg, and he was SO smitten with you. The way he was talking, planning on going out to visit you...It was adorable! Thanks for sharing those pics...you two were just glowing!

Mindy said...

Cute story! Doesn't the time fly!

Lyss said...

I remember that day very well! Has it really been that long? Wow! Congratulations on 5 years, I definitely admire the family that you two have! Happy Anniversary!