Thursday, August 5, 2010

When Great Grandparents Come to Town...

...we go to a wedding, a baptism, a baby blessing, and to an Amusement park!! Geesh, I was tired! Here are some fun photos that were capture at these events!

The Wedding
After cleaning my old home from 7-1:30, I rushed home to get ready for a wedding of my 2nd cousin (whom I've never met) but my grandparents knew and that was good enough for me. I almost felt like a wedding crasher at the lovely dinner when people would ask me how I knew the lovely couple...uh uh, I don't. :-)
Here is Lincoln with my dad.
Here is my Aunt Darla (so a Great Aunt to my kids and truly she is)! Now scroll back up... don't my dad and his sister look a lot a like!

The wedding was at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center. It was very nice, but very hard to see the couple and it was hot. They are not members of my church (which is fine) but fun to see all the different styles of a wedding. The bride walked down the isle to "Some Where Over the Rainbow". I wish I would have taken a picture of the bride and groom, oops.
(Above left to right; My dad, my mom, Link, Brooklyn, My grandpa Mann, and Avy. My grandma was in the bath room and that is why Brooklyn is holding the purse)


This is Brooklyn at the wedding she was so excited for! It shows doesn't it?
All in all it was a fun event that we were quickly swept off to because we had a baptism at 7:00 to attend (again someone I didn't know, but out of support we left). I wish I would have taken pictures there. It was sweet the little girl getting baptised was suppose to sing "I am a Child of God" but was too emotional or scared and started to cry. So everyone that was there joined in with her, it was very touching to see the help she got and felt the spirit it brought into the room.



Baby Blessing
So on Sunday we drove up to Castle Rock for a Baby Blessing for Sweet Matthew. He is my Cousin Abe's son. This picture doesn't give him justice on what a sweet little guy he was. But this is the only one I took! I know, I am slacking in the photo taking and promise to step it up a bit. I didn't even get one of his parents, (double oops).
Baby Matthew Born July 7th blessed August 1st


Lakeside Amusement Park
Originally we were planning on going to the Royal Gorge on Monday the 2nd, but switched it up a bit and went to Denver to the Amusement Park that has been there since 1908! It was great because I only cost $2.50 and my kids only cost $8.50 each for unlimited kiddie rides! Even better it was my dad's treat! It did however start to rain a lot while we were there, but not enough to stop us. They rode from 6:00-9:00pm and had some cotton candy and large popcorn (only $4)! It was truly a fun time for the kids!


My little family minus 1. The girls reminded that I am not as fun as their dad... hey give me some credit, I can't go on the rides. No worries...I agree, their dad is more fun (why do you think I have him around for?)!



Yes, that is a gun in my son's hand. As he would fly by he would make the matching sounds, "choo, choo" <---not like a train, all you mothers of son's know the sound I am trying to say
Here is Lincoln driving the car! It was the first real ride he went on and you should have seen his eyes! After the first jolt that surprised him he was all smiles! He went on this ride twice!


These are my Grandparents! Grandma and Grandpa Mann and it is always such a joy to be around them. I got a chance to talk to them all about health issues that run in the family...things they never tell you for bed time stories. My Grandpa got tested to see if he has the gene for colon cancer (he finds out soon, he has already had colon cancer, but is checking to see if it is in his genes) and if so then my dad has to get tested and if so then I will get test, and if so my kids tested!! Crazy stuff I know, but good to know none the less. I can imagine it now... Hey kids you got mom's ears and her colon cancer gene! But at an early age we can start now to get tested (oh joy) and eat things to help prevent it.

Oh Aunt Darla, how they will miss you!


She loves kids, mostly because she is still a kid at heart and loves to play (and is very patient).


Avy was Darla's buddy and started whispering to her on day one of meeting her! Ask any of her teachers or friends, that is a BIG deal! We all love Aunt Darla and am so glad my kids got to meet her!
These are just some of the GREAT people in our lives! Thanks




More Rides

Those are screams of Joy!


Avy on the Motorcycle ride


Brooklyn was such a good helper with Lincoln and would seat with him on all the "scary" rides, but he looks like he knows what he is doing on this one.



The Tumble Bug



Of course, I a boat ride


Ring the bell ride (you can kind of see Avy in the back)


Ready, Set, Go!

Only 14 1/2 more years buddy



Beep Beep!



A Kiddie Ferris Wheel pure Genius!
A GREAT place to go with little kids (Hey Link is only 20 months old and did great)!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Ah! we went just today!
The libraries all give out free unlimited ride passes here as part of the Summer reading treats! I wish I would have known I could have saved you some money! We go once each Summer with our free passes so all it cost is the gas money, only we go during the day when just the kids rids are open. It's so fun isn't it!

Kevin and Naomi Barton said...

Looks like you all had a great time. We all love your aunt darla too :) She is great with kids and my kids miss her soo much. I showed her your blog and she thought you are too sweet and she said she had a great time too.