Friday, August 6, 2010

Splash Park

This Wednesday was Brooklyn's last playgroup with our old ward. She starts school next week and Avy and Link will still go, but Brooklyn will be hitting the books once again. She told me she wanted to be the first one there and the last one to leave (we usually leave before everyone else). I agreed. However, she told me she was ready to go...mostly because she had gotten cold. She was also the one that got the most wet. Avy played in it the most because she was wise about getting wet and just did a little at a time. Lincoln had me play with him at first but then was happy to be one of the BIG kids and not play with his mommy *sniff sniff*. It was cute though, he would come back to check up on my every so often to make sure I was ok. He would strut over, put his palm in the air and say, "back". That is his way of asking if he can go and play. Besides playing with great friends and talking with super moms it is all FREE! How amazing is that?




Brooklyn all wet within the first 2 minutes

Lincoln saying something cute like "Ooo"
This kid will never get sunburn because of his over protective mom. He is almost covered from head to toe in his swim wear. And I spray and lotion him up. He is a strawberry blonde...I have to be careful or else his hair will look the same as his skin.
Avy is spraying away
Avy trying to figure out the best way to have fun.
Brooklyn getting cold
Brooklyn helping Lincoln be brave. I love the water in this picture! Link barely got wet and just did a lot of splashing with his feet.

After snacks everyone was sitting out to try and warm up. Lincoln brought me his towel and wanted to join everyone! He is growing up so fast!

*Side note: Link has had a runny diaper for over a week now and so I took him into his Doctor yesterday (after calling at 6 am to make a same day appointment). But he has had no other sick signs. He doctor said not to worry and it should be gone by his well check by the 19th and if not I will demand a referral or some blood work to be done. He likes to put rocks in his mouth and I hope it isn't something more serious. In the meanwhile I am stocking up on wipes and diapers !!!!

No comments: