Monday, May 11, 2009

The Very Good, The Bad, & The Ugly





The Very Good...
Mother's Day started out beautifully for me. I woke up to a happy Baby who later on slept for the first time all through sacrament in his carrier!! That was his gift to me. The girls woke up saying things like, "Happy Mother's day!" or "You are the best Mommy ever!". Cameron surprised me with wonderful gifts (kitchen appliances and house smelling good stuff) which he said I wasn't getting because he has been too busy with final projects and test taking. He also made brown sugar muffins to go. It was great because I wasn't freaking out about the time and being late for church.

While at church I sat with my family (usually in the Mother's lounge) and listened to amazing talks about Motherhood and Womenhood in general. The Primary sang with Brooklyn in the front waving to me. And the girls were quiet non fighting through the whole meeting because they were making me pictures!! They closed the meeting with all the priesthood members singing up on the stage. It gave me goose bumps and warm feelings all over. Then they treated us with Roses and sees chocolate!!! I know, they must really love us. Then after church they girls showered me with more gifts they had made in Primary and Nursey. Avy made a finger print flower picture that said, "If mother's were flowers I'd pick you!" Also they had fake flower leis that had a cute saying on them. I left church with my arms full and my spirit refueled.

After Church we went to visit my Mother and Dad at their home and exchanged cards and gifts! From there we headed over to Cameron's Mom's house for dinner made by dads and his Sister's Birthday celebration. While here I got a cute little green cordroy book to write down the funniest and cutest things that my kids say and Lincoln ROLLED OVER from his back to his belly! I am sure it was a oopsie as he was reaching for his socks to pull off to chew but non the less was a big accomplishment!

I am truly blessed and loved by my family and this was the very good part of my day!

The Bad

Through the good there was some bad. While at my Mother in laws Brooklyn had cried 3 times and Avy once! She usually isn't a crier but they both had some good reasons.

1) Brooklyn went on the trampoline without asking and had hurt her leg! Luckily it wasn't too bad and only had to be iced for a little bit.

2) Her older boy cousins were playing too rough and were trying to pull her down the stairs which scared her and made her cry.


The Ugly

3) Brooklyn while playing downstairs was spinning around with her eyes closed and bumped into the freezer and caused herself to have a bloody nose. Those who know Brooklyn knows this wasn't a pretty sight! All down her dress, in her mouth, and she is seriously afraid of blood and was all in tears!

4) Avy was just placed on the potty when she asked me, "Why does Grandma have those cups?" I look over to the cups while standing only 2 feet away and heard a blop and Avy's cry of fear! I look to her and see her bottom down, feet out and dangling out and hands stuck.Yes she had fallen into the toliet! Luckliy she had not peed yet and was easy to clean. However she was slightly dramatized. And I was ready to go!

What started out as the perfect day ended up pretty ugly. But like they say "we wouldn't know the good if we had no evil.
"



2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe she fell in!! That's terrible (and slightly funny ... sorry) ;o)

What a great Mother's Day, for the most part. :) Were't the flowers and chocolate awesome?!?!?

Lake said...

Honestly! I'm sorry your day ended so badly. I would think something was seriously wrong if I had a day when everything went smoothly.