Lincoln had his follow up weight check. The Doctor wanted him to gain one ounce a day. Guess who weighs 11 lbs 11oz ??? I'll give you a clue it starts with an L and ends with an incoln... Lincoln!!!! Yes he did it with no stinkin' bottles! Formula is great and is a wonderful way to feed babies, but not my babies. I am a milk making machine and pride myself in doing so. I have a long track record for nursing my kids. With Brooklyn I went for 19 months (nursed her while I was 3 months prego) and Avy was for 20 months. I feel that it is one was of the few things I do well and consider it a talent. I know it isn't as easy for many others and figured God gave me at least this because I wasn't blessed with losing weight while nursing or the ever so increaseing cup size.
We did however try very unsuccessfully a couple of times to give him some formula but he would not even swallow it (it would just puddle up in his mouth and over flow out). The Doctor was quite surprised and asked what I did different. Not much just increased my dairy intake (which I loathe plain milk).
Hooray for us! Now I will love bottles for his juice time here in the future.
1 comment:
Yay for you and Lincoln! I had NO doubt you would be successful in nursing him to be the big guy the doctor wants him to be. Excellent. Forget drinking the plain milk and just eat ice cream every day. You deserve it.
Post a Comment