Monday, April 20, 2009

Surprises at 60!


Sara and my Kids

Joe Suhar opening gifts! The happiest 60 year I know!

We have some amazing, great, wonderful Family friends who mean the world to us, The Suhars!
A little background to those you have never been so lucky to meet them. Sara who is Kathy and Joe's youngest daughter was my bestest friend in High School. Her parents "adopted" me and I was a regular guess in their home. I met Sara on the Marching field and was won over by her likeness in height and eagerness to share her sun screen. I was the good mormon girl and she was the good Catholic girl and we shared similar values. She was my maid of honor and I her's. Since then we have kept in touch even though she leaves miles away in Japan (where she is currently stationed) with her husband Steven. Cameron can testify how loving and giving this family is towards us.
We were able to celebrate with them this saturday for Joe's 60th Surprise Birthday party at Christy's house (their oldest daughter). Joe had entered in and shortly there after came through the door another surprise... Sara and Steven!!!! They had flown from Japan the night before without telling any one in her family that they were coming. Tears flooded the well loved 60 year old man and the party could now start because Sara was back (they had not seen her in over 2 years). I knew she was coming and yet my eyes flooded with tears!
Sara and Steven are a great couple who love, just love my kids!! They are so good with them and play with them! Brooklyn couldn't stop hugging them at the party because she remembered them still. They came by today to visit a bit and my girls fell even more in love with them. When the time comes for them to have kids they are going to be amazing parents!!
We are so blessed to have them and their family (parents and two sisters) in our family. Sara was the sister I always wanted. She was my Valentine for the years I was single, my friday night movie date, and my butt was permittly inprinted in her front passenger seat. We love you Sara and all the Suhar Family!!!

No comments: