Thursday, July 22, 2010

Moving updates, Kid Quotes, and Pregnancy Woes

Moving updates:
We have packers and movers coming over just in time (the 30th)! We have to be out by the 1st of August, which gives us one good day of cleaning!! A HUGE sigh of relief came over us when we heard the news and are a lot less stressed! Also it saves us at least $5000 by having the military move us (nice eh)?

Kid Quotes:
Cameron was earnestly asking Avy (our almost 4 year old) why she doesn't talk to other people. You can hear his frustration as he asks her and she replies, "Because that is how Jesus made me." Cameron's frustration soon turns into a smile and says, "How can I argue with that?" After moments of laughter of his young daughter out smarting him we talk about how Jesus helped us to have choices and now it is her choice to talk to others and not Jesus choice. :-) Our little smarty pants.

Lincoln and I were walking hand in hand across the street a little while ago and I say to him, "Link, I love you." He replies with, "Mom... wuv you!" My heart melted that very moment that will now be a memory I will remember forever.

Pregnancy woes:
I am 16 weeks along (whoo hoo)!! And I am feeling the baby move ever so slightly. Mostly only when I lay for long periods of time reading a book in complete silence. Which is rare, but I love it because I feel that I have an on going inside joke that will continue even after it's birth.

2 weeks ago at my doctors appointment the doctor was trying to find my baby's heart beat. After minutes of trying and retrying she still couldn't find it. So says she has to go get the ultrasound machine from another room and leaves me to my own thoughts. I quickly say a silent prayer that everything would alright, regardless of the finding of the ultrasound. Then a sheer blanket of comfort was covering me and I was even smiling again. I knew everything would be alright. She comes back in with the machine and sure enough my little one is waving to us and it's little heart (which we can see) is beating away nicely. It measures perfectly on schedule and I got to see my little one again!! It was a scary brief moment turned into a look into my baby's life... a tender moment.

Lastly, I have some weight issues or the lack of weight issues. In 3 months I am under the weight I started at and was being considered a "high risk pregnancy". I told her I was over weight to start with (by my ideas not on their charts though) and by just looking at me you can tell my tummy area is not lacking (either is my thigh area, or my bum, arms or face area). Luckily she was nice and wasn't worried enough to lecture me. It is just like Link's pregnancy. With the girls I would gain about 3 pounds a month and 10 pounds in my 4th month (and they would worry about that too) but in the end it all evens out to 25-30 lbs that I gain. I worried last time with Link, this time I don't care until someone tries to make a big deal about it.

2 comments:

Kirsti said...

Thanks for the update! Cute kids and what a great story, I'm so glad everythings good with the baby!

Kevin and Naomi Barton said...

Sounds like you are super busy with everything! Good to hear that you and baby are doing well and the kdis are too!

PS: as much as we really wanted to go up to Colorado for the blessing it just is not working out this time :( But hopefully we can get up there again some day :)