Pumpkins
Cameron's, Avy's and Mine, and Brooklyn's (yes it is Jack from the Movie)

First we paint, mostly on the pumpkins, some times we missed. :-) We like to have them paint them because it allows them to be creative and safe. In a couple more years they will be able to carve their own, until then we will do both; paint and carve pumpkins.

Then we clean them out! Avy did a great job with this and cleaned out mine, hers and Brooklyn's. Brooklyn thought it was too gross and after one scoop was done.

Then we carve them! Avonlea choose a heart shape from online that I traced on and cut out. We like the idea of it because when it was lite at night her heart was all warm looking. It suited it her well.

Brooklyn had drawn a picture she was going to have me poke onto the pumpkin and then carve, but hers was the perfect shape of a pumpkin style Cameron wanted to try. Because she loves him and didn't care at all, she changed her mind and made the "Jack" pumpkin.

This was as close as Lincoln got to a Pumpkin. He touched the inside of it and the look on his face says it all! Slimy yes! Gross yes! Can't stop touching it, YES!


This was Lincoln's first Halloween and he had many outfits! This is one of my favorites, because he is my little Pumpkin! Especially with his orange hair tints.
Parties And
Costumes
Cameron was a RAC Coon

Avonlea was Goldie Locks


Lincoln was our little Charlie Brown and was one cute one! Funny story was one comment made about his mark on his forehead. Some one asked if I have resorted to numbering my kids. Tilt your head to the right and see his number!

I was a crazy mom, with all the attachments (dolls, soccer ball, laundry, and cooking spatula were dangling off my dress). Brooklyn was talking to some friends and looking at all the crazy costumes and someone had said how crazy one looked and she said, "Check out my mom! She is crazy!" Love you Brooklyn and she is right I am crazy.

Brooklyn was a Ballerina with wings! She first wanted to be a mermaid but after finding out how hard it would be for her to run around she changed her mind.

At our ward Trunk or Treat

Brooklyn and Avonlea at their friends Halloween party on Friday. They had a great time with crafts and cupcakes!

Lincoln sporting the Fro Hock! I love this BOY! And as...

TIGGER! This is his cousin's costume that was too cute he had to wear to at least one party.
So Halloween was a all week advent for us this year. Between all the school delays and cancels we spent a lot of time at home getting ready for Halloween. Check out our food blog for our cookies and recipe http://rachaelsfood4fun.blogspot.com/. After being locked in for two days I took the girls out to the Library for their not so scary story time. However, they had cancelled it until they saw all the little kids that came in (this is where Linky was dressed as Tigger and Avy as Baby Bear). Then on Friday Brooklyn's school had another delay which means she only has to go in for one hour. I drop her off in my car (I don't walk with all 3 kids on cold days) and go to leave and can't! Traffic is at a hault. There were mini vans getting stuck up the hill and blocking the both getting in and out of the road. Of course her school has only one way in and out to the front entrance. So after little debate and considering the plee of help her teacher was asking for parents to come to the school party, we turned around and went to Brooklyn's Halloween Party. I wished I would have had my camera! Thay had so much fun and my little kids (who were not suppose to be there, but no one said anything) did so well! Shortly after lunch we headed over to Brooklyn's and Avonlea's friends house for a fun party with crafts and cupcakes! Then we raced back home to get ready for our ward's trunk or treat! We had a great time there with the potluck and activities and the girls really liked the dancing room where you could win yummy treats. We didn't stick around for the trunk or treat portion because Cameron and I had a double date in which we needed to be ready for around 8:00pm. My dad the sweet heart he is, watched my kids for me while Cameron and I and another couple went out to the Haunted Mines! Cameron won some tickets from his school so it was a free event. But we got very cold and muddy waiting in line for 2 hours! It was fun, but glad we got to go for free (not worth the $15 per ticket). I laughed the whole way through as creepy people followed me and as I was a target to be scared.
Saturday, Halloween day, we got up made a yummy breakfast and spent all afternoon baking, carving and making chili for another party to attend that night. We went to my parent's ward party and had a BLAST there. Their cousins were there which makes anything always more fun. This is where Cameron dressed up as his RAC Coon! Then we headed out to the streets to...
Trick or Treat!!

We only went to a handful of houses, but they had such a great time! They also liked handing out the treats at Grandma Mann's house! This Halloween was such a busy one that we were all extra tired and extremely grateful for the extra hour of sleep! Hope everyone had a great one full of Memories of FUN!
1 comment:
It has been too long since I have looked at your blog! The last time is when you had Lincoln! Looks like everything is going well. Halloween looked like a blast, it is a fun holiday! And I also wanted to say that I think Avonlea looks just like you! Definitely mini Rachael!
Post a Comment