Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin in a Dinner Project


So we had the Elder's over for dinner this month. And I always fret about what to make. Especially if I don't know their likes or dislikes. This time to make matters worse we had 4 of them over!! There is no way I could please them all. So I decided that dinner could be a complete flop but fun and unforgettable. That this dinner could be one of those mission stories!And I think I did just that! I brought a painted pumpkin to the Table and their mouths just dropped!



This pumpkin had all my family members hands painted on it (super easy, trace and paint). The girls had such a fun time painting it and once they were down the hands looked like leaves, which I thought was very fallish.


Once the missionaries mouths dropped they couldn't close them because they ate all of the Pumpkin in a dinner! It is a precooked meat, soup, and rice mixture that absorbs pumpkin juice and if cooked right can scoop out some pumpkin with it. So not only was it good, but fun for the girls to paint and something these missionaries will not soon forget!!

4 comments:

Jean said...

my mom used to serve this dish every halloween night. It was a fun tradition for sure!

Laura said...

Oh please, Oh please -- aren't you going to give out the recipe!! I was dying to try that. ;o)

Lori said...

Fun idea!

Magellan said...

Kirstin and I want the recipe