Brooklyn had her 4th Birthday yesterday and a wonderful day it was! She woke up running out of her room through the streamers, looked around the room and knew it was her special day. While she was sleeping Avy and I decorated our apartment. Balloons everywhere, her poster size princess picture of her self on the wall, and streamers bordering the tops of the walls. It was a day all about her favorites. She we had oatmeal with a bagel for breakfast. She took a long bath with lots of bubbles and watched all of her favorite shows. Then for lunch we had cheesy sandwiches (grilled cheese sandwich with extra cheese so that when you take a make the cheesys come stringing out) and chicken noodle soup (another favorite). After that she changed out of her play clothes and into her party dress. Then stared out the window at 1:00 to wait for her little girl friends to come over at 2:00! (she is so much like me in this way, I get so excited for people to show up). I am able to distract her with a little bit of help from Tom and Jerry.
Her friends came and they colored, made tiaras (place stickers on them), played pin the tiara on the Princess on her poster of her, watched a princess movie, ate cupcakes and opened presents. She loved having her friends over. She is so funny when she opened some presents she would be so excited that she would hug them and say, "Oh, I love it."
From there Uncle Craig (my youngest brother stopped by) and she always loves seeing her uncles so that was a treat for her. For dinner another favorite (in which she ate more then me with) Ravioli! Then we hurried off to Grandma Bass home. They were very kind in opening up their home for Brooklyn's Family party (our family is too big and my place is too small). But she loved playing with her cousins and running around. We had some yummy, but simple snacks (her favorite veggies and favorite fruits). Then we had her Birthday Cake! Something I made that turned out nice! It was cute and she would have loved it even if it was completely ugly. Then she opened more presents and was in four year old heaven. She got so many princess stuff (which is great because all she had before were books and one little Cinderella dress up doll ). She went around the room afterwards and gave everyone hugs and thanks for the gifts. However, I was the last one she stopped to hug and mine was a hug and squeezed that lasted a lot longer then the rest. She said, "Thank you mom, I love my Birthday." That is exactly what I needed to hear. All I wanted for her for her birthday was for her to know how special and loved she is. All the cleaning and prepping and running around was well worth it.I would do it all over again just to hear those words.
As a little girl and being the only girl I was always the princess in our house. I am so glad Brooklyn has carried on her belief of being a princess too and who wouldn't want to be a Princess after having such a wonderful day.
2 comments:
Hey your little girls are SO cute! I just started a blog and wanted to say hi. We had our little boy, his name is Teagen and he is so much fun! Keep in touch ok!
Happy Birthday Brooklyn!! Can you believe she is four? I loved some of your princess ideas and will keep them in mind for Avery's party. We had Mike and Cameron over for dinner and games last night. Wish you were here.
Post a Comment