Hudson Dennis Coon
Born December 28th, 2010
7 lbs and 19 inches
At 4:13 pm
Our Story
Tuesday morning it all began... Cameron rolled over in the bed and said to me, "I know what we are going to name him." For those of you who don't know, we were struggling with coming up with a name that we both liked. I had my favorites and he had his. However, years ago I made an agreement with Cameron that if I got to name the girls he would get to name the boys. Hudson was my number one name that I really really liked and Cameron added in his Dad's first name as part of the Coon tradition (Cameron has his grandpa's first name as his middle name since he is the 2nd second). With this cheerful news, finally having a name, I went off to my doctor's appointment at 9:00am.
By 9:30 am my membranes got swept and I was at a 3. My doctor asked if I'd been having contractions, I said "yes", and she said, "Well come on in to the Hospital"! She said she would be there between 11:00-12:00 to break my water. I race home and get all kid watching arrangements made and do any last minute cleaning. My sweet Cousin Kara, came over to watch my 3 and we were off to the hospital (a five minute drive).
We got there by 11:30 am and got set up in my room. My doctor checks me at noon, I am at a 4 and she breaks my water. By 12:30 I was hooked up to PIT to speed things up. By 2:30 I am only at a 5 and my nurse increases my PIT intake. This is when the pain really starts to build. After much debate, I request the epidural and have it in by 3:00. At 3:30 I had lots of heart burn and asked for some heartburn stuff. Which I threw up just minutes later (luckily we were prepared).
My Nurse comes in at 4:00 to put my cathitered in and said it was really hard to get in (nicely I am numb to the world, can't even move my legs and they feel like solid hot rock). She checks me and I am at a 10!!!! In one hour I went from a 5 to a 10 (I just needed to relax I guess). His head was right there, so they quickly call the doctor in, the room gets prepped, my legs are put into the stirrups, I rotate my hips ever so slightly, the nurse lifts up the blanket and there was his head and neck already out!!!!!! My half dressed doctor runs across the room and just barely catches him!!!! I know crazy! He is put up on my now empty belly as we wipe away the mess and Cameron cuts the cord!!
This little boy Jumped into the world and has landed right into our hearts! With his round face and almond eyes, little ears and long fingers we are finding there is so much of him to love. He is so far a pretty good sleeper. He likes the pacifier, is doing really well nursing, but doesn't have to do it all day!! He lets me put him down, which is great because I can get some things done.
More Pictures to come, this is just the story so we will never forget and so that others may get to know him too!
3 comments:
He is pretty perfect! Sounds like everything went smoothly. Hooray! :) Congratulations!
congratulations! He is beautiful and I'm so glad you had such a great experience! :)
What a beautiful story! And how amazing that he was so eager to get into this world his head was already HERE! :-) Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy!
Post a Comment