Friday, February 19, 2010

We Go Air Force!!

Wednesday February the 17th Cameron Swore in for the Air Force and is now a Senior Airmen and will soon be an officer!

If you would have asked me 2 years ago or even an year ago I would have said you were crazy (especially with all the war going on and the being sent overseas goes)! I grew up military and always swore I was never going to marry military. At the time I thought military was the only ones who moved people and their families around all the time. Now that I am older and more experience I see how naive I was in thinking that. Cameron and I have moved around a lot since we've been married. We have lived in 5 different states in 6 years of marriage. We moved from school to school trying to find the best program and fit for Cameron and each time loose credits in the transfer. Also Cameron always had summer jobs so that he could go to school full time and get good grades (he is on the President's list for the 3rd time in a row for a GPA higher then 3.5) and that made us move around even more. So since we are already use to moving we figure we minus well do it on some one else's buck!

Last April Cameron approached me with this Air Force Program where he gets paid while in school with all the benefits and then goes into the Air Force with his major as his job (some officers never use their degree)! After much prayer and fasting we decided it made sense for him to do it for so many reasons and so little reasons not too. So the applying began.... and continued and continued... and continued. Even with all the waiting we both still felt like it was a good thing for our family. Then finally he made the list!

His contract is for 4 years and will give them 2 more after done with his masters (which they will pay for)! We are unsure where he will be stationed after his 13 weeks of OTC in Alabama this summer. Me and the kids will be with my parents or inlaws for the summer (which is ever more convenient ) so we will be staying the Springs.

Brooklyn is excited and scared all at the same time and I know how she feels. Luckily she is a friendly outgoing child and will adapt well.

Last
.

6 comments:

Lake said...

Oh my goodness! That is such a BIG deal. Way to go Cameron! And way to go Rachael--you are very brave.

Jean said...

wow! what an adventure! You are correct that you are prepared, you are already used to having a huge absense over Summer break so you will survive! Plus you are very social and will make friends whereever you go...I'll be excited to hear about all the things you will learn and do and be!

Stephanie Montgomery said...

That is so exciting for you guys. The good thing is that now you all get free health care!!!! YEAH!!!! Cameron will be awesome at whatever he does and we are so happy for you guys. GO AIR FORCE!!!!!

Nicole said...

How exciting! I know I don't live anywhere close, but if you need anything, let me know! :) Good luck with everything!

Red & Lyss said...

What a brave brave girl you are! Congratulations to all of you!

Kevin and Naomi Barton said...

Congratulations to Cameron and good luck with everything that the Air Force brings!