Great Sale + Great Coupon = GREAT DEAL
There are 3 strategies; Buy in bulk, use multiple coupons, and Shop only Sales
By using this method you will save over 50%
1- Buy in Bulk
This one has always been hard for me. I always thought if I bought only what I needed I was saving more. However, I was wrong and this is why. All stores are on a 3 month Sale Cycle. At one point in that 3 month period everything in the store has gone on sale at least once! So what does that mean for you and me? Buy 3 months (of whatever your family's needs are) worth of the sale item! Case lot sales are a great and easy way to buy in Bulk and the stores carry them every Spring (going on right now) and Fall (the Fall case lot sales seem to be better then the springs). I am getting ready to buy 24 packs of ramen noodles (my kids love them for lunches) for $2.40! And I am getting 36 rolls of Toilet paper for under $6! Also this is a great way to add to your food storage without breaking the bank. 2- Use Multiple Coupons Since you are buying in bulk you want to be able to use the coupon for each item you get. But where do you get coupons from?? a. The Sunday paper: Has 3 kinds of coupon sources called the Red plum (or by mail here in my county), Proctor and Gamble (get it once a month) and Smart Source that comes weekly in the Sunday paper. b. Online Coupons: There are 3 main sites (but there are tons out there) www.smartsource.com www.coupons.com (the best online one) www.redplum.com All you have to do is upload the printer application onto your computer and you can print 2 of each coupons that you like. Just "clip" as many as you like and then it will print off 3 per page. Press the back button and print them all over again. 3-Shop ONLY the Sales Since they do the 3 month cycle you will get all the at you need within 3 months that is on sale (at the best possible price). It is ok to break your rule sometimes, but if you really want to save try , try to only shop the sales. Here are some Extra Tips: You don't have to buy the 10 for $10 item to get the $1 price Smith's has digital coupons that you upload to your card and don't have to clip a thing Don't go shopping on Wednesday's they are one of the busiest days. Monday nights are a good time to go. Use www.grocerysmarts.com to see what is on sale at your favorite store!!!!! Don't feel bad for getting items for free for the store by using coupons that stores make .08 cents on every coupon you use plus the price of the item at full price. Any questions?? I hope this is helpful. I know I just loved hearing all the great deals that are just waiting for me out there.
1 comment:
How funny that you're doing couponing too! I just started a few weeks ago. Mike just laughs when I come show him my receipt and I'm so excited at all the money we saved. I'm not sure we have case lot sales. At least I've never heard of them. Go you crazy shopping, Hott Mama. ;o)
Post a Comment