Thursday, January 15, 2009

H2O

Beautiful, amazing, delicious H2O, oh how I missed you!

Today from 9:30 am until 10:00 pm we were without water. There was a broken water mane and everything was shut off without us knowing. The complex personal posted a flyer near the mail boxes for last saturday for them to turn it off so we were prepared then, today we were not. We only had the water from our water pitcher in our fridge. Can you imagine all the things we use water for on a daily bases? Well I can and here is how it limits you: cleaning; no washing dishes, no baths (luckily Cameron and I showered before the shut off but the girls didn't bathe), no washing hands (which is a must after meals with a 2 year old and a must after changing diapers), no laundry doing, no toilet flushing (luckly we have 3 of them and could flush away some), and no clean counter tops. For Cooking there is... no boiling water, no rice making, no frozen juice, no oatmeal, and no baking. Needless to say we drank lots of milk and already made juice. To sum things up, my house was a mess today, we were all very germy (and almost out of baby wipes) and I've never been so thirsty. Simple pure water oh how I missed you. I won't take you for granted any time soon.

1 comment:

Jean said...

oh! How sad!
If you ever are at a party/function where they have the pop bottles just ask to take them home! Or if you ever buy then yourself you can just save your own. They are the easiest things for storing water in, and then you would have had water! That sounds like a really bad day to me!